Infantree is looking for a mid-level front-end developer to build high quality, on-brand WordPress sites.
The person in this role is a critical part of the digital team. They will work on projects alongside strategists, designers, writers, and developers and will be expected to understand the project and make recommendations for how the site should be built—features to build, tools to use, and how to write the code, etc.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop websites and pages based on sitemaps, wireframes, and design documents
- Assess the impact design and code have on the usability, accessibility, and performance of a website
- Conduct quality assurance testing throughout the website process
- Build custom blocks, templates, and themes
- Modify and extend existing sites
- Build plugins
- Build new features within existing sites
- Make recommendations based on data gathered about the site
- Maintain and debug sites as needed
- General upkeep for retainer projects/clients
What we would like from you
- An eye for design, but not necessarily a designer or a design background
- Ability to write quality, accessible HTML and CSS (SASS/SCSS a plus)
- Understanding of usability best practices
- A desire to collaboratively brainstorm and implement unique and interesting ideas
- Willingness to adapt to industry changes and not do things just because “that’s the way they’ve always been done”
- Ability to visualize how a design will flow on different devices without multiple mockups for break points
- Familiarity with other platforms like Shopify and SquareSpace is a plus
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume and attach or link to work samples. Additionally, please answer the following questions in one paragraph each:
- What kinds of problems do you enjoy solving for clients?
- What is your biggest success in your career so far?
- What is a new feature (HTML, CSS, JS, etc) that you are excited about?
We look forward to hearing from you!